Coccygodynia: The mechanism of its production and its relationship to anorectal disease.
The American Journal of Surgery
Volume 79, Issue 1, January 1950, Pages 110-116.
Kansas City, Missouri
Coccygodynia is caused by direct trauma and by muscle spasm secondary to focal infection. It may be cured by massage of the spastic muscles together with removal of foci of infection when necessary or desirable. In rare cases of osteoporosis, osteomyelitis or fracture coccygectomy may be necessary.
- Thiele, George H. Tonic spasm of the levator ani, coccygeus and piriformis muscles: relationship to coccygodynia and pain in the region of the hip and down the leg. Tr. Am. Proct. Soc. 1936; 37: 145–155
- Thiele, George H. The management of the patient with painful coccyx. Kansas City M. J. 1937; 13: 21–22
- Thiele, George H. Coccygodynia and pain in the superior gluteal region and down the back of the thigh. J. A. M. A. 1937; 109: 1271–1274
- Thiele, George H. The painful coccyx: its cause and treatment. Kansas City M. J. 1948; 24: 16–20
- Hamsa, Wm.R. Coccygodynia: a study of the end results of treatment. J. Iowa M. Soc. 1937; 27: 154
- Drueck, Chas.J. Coccygodynia. Its diagnosis and treatment. Illinois M. J. 1941; 79: 256–259
- Hobart, M.H. Manipulative treatment of coccygodynia. S. Clin. North America. 1937; 17: 579–583
- Kleckner, Martin S. Coccygodynia. The present day interpretation and treatment. Tr. Am. Proct. Soc. 1933; 34: 100
- King, George S. The treatment of coccygodynia. Indust. Med. 1941; 10: 15
- Waters, Edw.G. A consideration of the types and treatment of coccygodynia. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 1937; 33: 529
- Baastrup, C.I. Röntgenbehandlung von Kokzygodynie. Strablentherapie. 1936; 56: 184
- Key, J.A. Operative treatment of coccygodynia. J. Bone & Joint Surg. 1937; 19: 759–764
- Simpson, Sir J.Y. Coccygodynia and diseases and deformities of the coccyx. M. Times & Gaz. 1859; 40: 1031
- Granet, Emil. Proctalgias: coccygodynia. Am. J. Digest. Dis. 1946; 13: 330–331
- Wilkinson, Walter R. Coccygodynia. South. Surgeon. 1947; 13: 280