Tailbone pain since 2005, more severe after accident March 2009 - Help
Derith - firstname.lastname@example.org
My tailbone pain started in 2005. I started doing antique shows in about 1996 with a friend and did very little lifting, then started doing jewelry shows alone in 2005, so I had to do all of the lifting alone. I started having trouble sitting due to butt/tailbone pain. It felt like a tail was trying to break through my skin.
Then on March 16, 2009 I hit two poles in the parking lot of my job right after getting off of work. I look down for a second and my mirror on the driver's side hit the first pole and the side of my truck and the truck bed hit the second pole turning my truck from going next to the poles to the side of the poles. I hurt my upper and lower back. The tailbone pain became a consistent pain.
- I went to my doctor who sent me for an MRI of my back
- Then went to the emergency room twice because the pain was unbearable they just gave me pain medicine and a shot each time.
- I started going to a chiropractor a day after the accident hoping to head off any pain or damage done from the accident. Continued going until June 2009 the pain just seem to get worse after every treatment.
- So then my doctor sent me to a physical therapist in my Chiropractors office that just made my pain worst too
- Then my doctor sent me to a neurologist who did every test in the book and found out there was nothing wrong with my nerves.
- Then my doctor sent me to a bone specialist who told me I should never had gone to the chiropractor and that I needed strength exercise and aqua therapy. He told me the Chiropractor did more damage than good for me.
- So I went to another physical therapist that still made my pain worse. There they said no pain no gain but I told them with the pain I could not work, so I had to choose the pain or work. So I chose to work and keep my job.
- I started doing aqua therapy at the neighbor pool - it was heaven in the water but hell outside of the water.
- Then I was sent to a pain management doctor who didn't touch me to examine me he just scheduled steroid injection, which didn't not help my pain
- Then my doctor sent me to a different pain management doctor a week ago who requested MRI of my upper and will be examining my tailbone on my next visit. She told me that my tailbone was not a part of my back. All of the other people I saw never separated my tailbone from my back or acknowledged it as a separate problem from my back.
So that is what I have gone through so far. I can't sleep in the bed. I sleep on the floor. I have an office computer job so I have every specialty pillow, cushion, and donut on the market. I work standing up, on my knees, and on different pillows. I also have my side business I make beaded jewelry and sell it at craft shows and I can't do any of the lifting. The smallest lifting causes my tailbone to hurt and my upper butt to swell. My upper buttock swells up and hurts if I sit, walk, or stand too long. The pain medicines that I have been given are not helping. The only relief I get is when I am asleep. I have to take Tylenol PM or benydrol to sleep because of the pain. I just need some relieve so I can survive. I just got married in August and our big ceremony is in March and I want to be able to enjoy myself. Life right now is unbearable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Ms. Derith D. Green